20th to 23rd September 2021 – NOW CONFIRMED!
TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE HERE REALLY SOON
We are delighted to confirm the date for this year’s Really Wild Home Ed Gathering. With the logistics influenced by the country easing out of lockdown and after a lot of conversations with home ed families and work shop providers, we have plumbed for a date this September. It is during exactly the same week as last year which was brilliant. Please spread the word and check back here for the limited number of tickets will be released very soon.
Example Activities Planned for 2021
- Celebrations – candles, stories, dancing, music and fun
- Home education support
- Confidence building for your children
- Organic and locally sourced food vendor
- Massage and relaxation area
- Yoga classes
- Salsa lessons
- Family talent show
- Camp fires
- Cooking work shops – wild, vegan, vegetarian
- Dance lessons
- Arts and crafts
- Night walks, star gazing and animal watches at dusk
- Bush craft and survival skills
- Fire craft – from basic fire craft skills through to fire by friction lessons and signal fire challenges (let’s see who can bring in a helicopter)
- Foraging, wild foods and medicines
- Knife craft – introductory classes, intermediate and more advanced carving skills
- Nature trails
- Woodland games
- Singing and ukulele lessons
- Cordage and bracelet making
- Sports and Really Wild Olympics
- Bread making
- Story telling
- Shelter and camp craft lessons
- Animal tracking and stalking lessons
Useful and Important Information
The gathering will host an exciting range of activities and events for all the family with most sessions running several times over to give everyone the chance to enjoy as many things as they can. If you fancy exploring further afield as well, we are very close to the Bluebell Steam Railway and Sheffield Park. There is a wonderful woodland walk leading directly from the gathering to a lovely pub that serves great food and refreshing drinks. It has a child friendly pub garden as well. Lewes Castle is 20 minutes from site and just 30 minutes away is Brighton where you can enjoy the beach, shopping in the Lanes, a host of wonderful restaurants, cafes and street entertainment. It is also just a short distance from the South Downs National Park, the amazing cliffs of Beachy Head and the stunning riverside walk to the beach at Cuckmere Haven, just a short drive away. The gathering is going to be incredible on its own, but if you want to do even more, the choices are simply fantastic!
Please Note: Tickets allow you to camp and take part in our exciting range of activities and events. Please review our activities risk assessment and policies in the footer of this web page to ensure that you and your children are happy to take part and follow the safety instructions. Once you have ordered, you will receive an electronic order confirmation by email. YOUR ORDER CONFIRMATION IS YOUR TICKET WHICH MUST BE BROUGHT WITH YOU TO GAIN ENTRY! It will be exchanged for wrist bands on arrival to show proof of payment and allow you to participate in the events.
Open fires are allowed in the fire pit areas provided. Many of these are communal fire pits to serve several families so it may be worth organising yourselves into groups to take advantage of this.
Tents and campervans are allowed on site but caravans are not. Cars may need to be parked in the car park if heavy rain is forecast.
Once you have bought your tickets for the gathering some of you may then want additionally to book a yurt, mini-yurt or shepherd hut from Wowo directly. You can do this by going to Glamping at Wowo or by emailing email@example.com. To book please call 01825 721912. You will need to pay for these upfront so do have a card ready to pay over the phone. There are only few available so be sure to grab yours in plenty of time.
General rules for the gathering:
- Wrist bands to be worn for the duration of the gathering please.
- Parents are responsible for their children at all times.
- We ask that you “leave no trace” and keep the campsite and woodland tidy at all times.
- Please do bring your acoustic instruments with you. Acoustic music only is allowed so the more the merrier. (no drums though please)
- Quiet after 11.30pm.
- 5 mph max on site – drive dead slow.
- Follow the campsite rules.
If you have any queries, would like to volunteer to run any activities or to help in general, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you so much for your interest. We can’t wait to meet you and join you in having a truly wonderful and memorable time!
Steve and the Really Wild Team